Kale & Garbanzo Bean Salad
· Kale, curly, torn from stems and tough veins Then massage and marinate in the olive oil for hours, usually overnight. Yes, I said massage. It actually helps to rub the kale between your hands for a few minutes so that it softens and wilts. This takes away the bitterness and makes it so much better. The marinating in oil helps with this, too.
· ½ cup canned garbanzo beans I rinse them using a colander under water and drain, a can lasts me about 3 days. (Marlo doesn’t like beans very much).
· ¼ cup salsa verde. Here’s the link to the recipe we used featuring my sister and her husband’s tomatillos.
· ¼ cup pickled onions My daughter-in-law, Justine, gave me this recipe and it is delicious and beautiful.
· ¼ cup quinoa, cooked I use ½ cup for Marlo, they are so cute with the curly tails.
· 1 tbsp olive oil
I put everything into a large soup bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Yes, that is in addition to the oil I used to marinate the kale. My current favorite is California Olive Ranch and I get it at Target.