Fruit Smoothie (there are about a million recipes but this is how I do it)
· ½ frozen banana (peeling before freezing is important, I break a banana in 2 or 3 sections and freeze them in a cake pan. When frozen, I transfer them to a baggie.)
· ½ cup frozen mixed fruit
· ½ cup frozen berries such as strawberries, cherries, mixed berries, blueberries to name a few
· ¼ cup fruit juice, usually Pom Wonderful but any would work, i.e. orange, pineapple, apple
· ¼ cup plain kefir, I’ve used flavored kefir or yogurt, all good (Marlo doesn’t like this so I skip it for his).
· 1 tsp jelly, to add zing!!
· Almond milk to the fill line
Place each of these items into an individual smoothie maker container. I add them in the above order, but I don’t imagine that really matters. Then blend and enjoy! I use a Ninja and it has worked beautifully for years. If you under fill the container, it won’t blend well and if you over fill the container, you have a mess, (amazing how far that thing can spray).
I was happy to learn that you can order additional individual containers, which is nice when our kids are home. I buy the frozen fruit, Pom Wonderful, and almond milk at Sam’s Club. We use a lot, so it is worth buying large quantities. And there is rarely any wasted. So it’s a deal!
Thanks for reading. Let me know what you think! I added a subscribe option on my contact page so my posts will come to your email. We’ll see if I got it to work!?