Coconut Curry Ramen Soup
Coconut Curry Ramen Recipe
This soup has ramen with a creamy golden broth, pan-fried vegetables, cubes of golden brown tofu, and steamy delicious ramen noodles. And it’s vegan.
This is from Pinch of Yum. Inga and Justine have found many recipes they love from her.
1 14-ounce package extra firm tofu
1 teaspoon cornstarch
Drizzle of oil and soy sauce
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
Coconut Curry Ramen:
2 tablespoons oil
8 ounces shitake mushrooms (2-3 cups sliced)
2 bok choy, chopped (2-3 cups chopped)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, minced (Inga used Squeeze Ginger, a Spice World product)
1 teaspoon curry powder
6 cups vegetable broth
6-8 ounce ramen noodles-without the seasoning packet
1 14-ounce can coconut milk
1 teaspoon salt
squeeze of lime juice
Optional Finishing Touches:
1. Tofu: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Press most of the water out of the tofu. Cut into cubes. Toss gently in a bowl with the cornstarch until coated. (Next time I am going to try dredging the cubes in cornstarch on a plate to get more coverage and see if that makes them crispier and more tasty. I will let you know.) Drizzle with oil and soy sauce. Transfer to baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes, until golden and crispy. Toss with a little bit of hoisin sauce.
2. Chopping: While tofu bakes, chop the vegetables.
3. Vegetables: Heat the oil in a large, deep pot over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and bok choy. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, until soft. Add garlic, ginger, and curry powder. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, until fragrant.
4. Noodles: Add the broth and bring to a simmer. Add ramen noodles and simmer until cooked (usually takes 3-4 minutes). Add coconut milk. Season with salt and lime juice.
5. Finish: Serve ramen and broth in bowls, topped with tofu, sesame oil, sesame seeds green onion..you get the idea. Grab your chopsticks and Go. To. Town!
You are in for a treat! You will love it